Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Colors by Llarowe | Winter 2015 collection


And here it is another amazing Colors by Llarowe collection, with 12 new winter (and not so winter-y) shades. They turned out so pretty, it would be a pain to choose only one, as a favorite. There is something for everyone in this collection, it's really versatile.
All the nail polishes are really great, high quality (just as any CbL), most of the nail polishes cover in 2 coats and they all glide on effortlessly. They all holographic, except one shade (Breathless), but they are even more holo in real life. The last swatch of every shade are in natural dayloght, because the strong holo can turn the base colour totally different, so in those pictures you can see better the base colour.
I tested every shade on 1-1 nails, for 1,5-2 days, so I can tell if they stain your nails or not (I use a peel-off basecoat for swatching, so that's why I have to test this way), I used 1 coat of basecoat for each.

The polishes will be available for pre-order on llarowe.com on November 23 from 12PM-8PM MST.

Bea put together a cute video collage about the collection, using my pictures, so if you in a hurry you can watch it here, but I suggest reading my whole post ;)


Now let's see the 12 Winter shades in alphabetical order! Be aware that this is a picture heavy post!


Berries in the Snow | 1 coat + topcoat
I'm not the biggest feminine/burgundy/red polish wearer, but this colour is heaven! It's so deep and vampy! The basecolour is a deep purply burgundy, and when the light hits it, it gets a bold and strong blue-ish holo effect. A M A Z I N G! I used only 1 coat for the pictures and it's perfect, I can't even believe it! It didn't stained my nails, nor my skin!









Breathless | 2 coats + topcoat
Deep red base with gold-to-red-to-pink shifting microflakes/shimmers. This one is also really vampy and stunning! It didn't stained my nails nor my skin.









Fairy Dust | 3 coats + topcoat
This nail polish equals freshly fallen snow...well, maybe it's not that bright white, but it's just as sparkly! On me it's more like a light grey instead of a pure white. It also has holo glitters too. I used 3 coats for the photos, but you can use it over a dark base as a topcoat too!









Hot Buttered Rum | 2 coats + topcoat
It's a very pigmented warm toned nude scatter holo. It looks like sand on the beach. It's not an intense holo, it's more like a sophisticated one, but really pretty!








Ice Ice Baby | 2 coats + topcoat
Raise your hands if you started to sing the Ice Ice Baby song from Vanilla Ice when you've read how this nail polish is called :D Well, it's a really pretty light skyblue linear holo. It didn't stained my nails nor my skin.









If You Dare | 2 coats + topcoat
It's a deep hot pink, fuchsia color, really bright, and not winter-y at all, but it's one of my faves, and I'm not even a pink fan! It has a strong linear holo with bright blue flash and also some warmer red flash too. It didn't stained my nails, but you have to be careful with the removal, because it can stain your skin.









Jewel of Denial | 2 coats + topcoat
In the llarowe site it's described as a blue toned emerald green, and it is indeed more green than a regular teal. It's also  lighter than the next polish (Peacock Parade), which is a teal. It has a great coverage in 1 coat too, but I used 2 here. It didn't stained my nails, but you have to be careful with the removal, because it can stain your skin.









Peacock Parade | 2 coats + topcoat
It's a deep, blue toned teal, with strong linear holo. One thicker coat can be enough, but I used 2 here. It didn't stained my nails, but you have to be EXTRA careful with the removal, because it can stain your skin badly.









Plum Perfect | 2 coats + topcoat
It's a bright, fuchsia toned purple with strong linear holo and blue flash. It's also not too winter-y, but I painted on this one first, and that's says all. It didn't stained my nails nor my skin.










Santa Baby | 2 coats + topcoat
Reds in general are my least favorite nail polishes, so Santy Baby also didn't had too much impact on me :D But this is totally a personal preference, the polish itself is really nice and I think a lot of you will like it. It's a neutral toned red linear holo with glitters. It has a great coverage, 2 coats were plenty enough! It didn't stained my nails nor my skin, and the removal wasn't hard either, because it's not fully packed with glitters.








'shroom With a View | 2 coats + topcoat
If you like earthy tones than you're going to love this polish. It's a taupey mushroom brown with scattered holo. It has a neutral undertone, it's not too warn nor too cold, I really like this one, and I already have an idea about a nail art featuring this polish :)
It didn't stained my nails nor my skin.










Tree of Lights | 2 coats + topcoat
As we can read on the llarowe site, it's a Christmas green (how cute *-*), and as the name suggest it was inspired by the Christmas tree itself :))) The holo glitters make it super blingy, but they are also really hard to remove (well, it worth all the trouble, because it looks awesome).
It didn't stained my nails nor my skin.








3 comments:

  1. Wow these are all stunning and I love your photos :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, great post!
    I like shroom with a view but would like to know if it looks very holo IRL? I've bought CbL nail polish before and the holo was... let's say VERY subtle. Ok enough trying to be polite, it was so bland that I never wore it. Massive disappointment.
    So how holo are we talking here?
    D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!
      Shroom with a view has (in my opinion) a medium holo effect. It's not completely linear, because it has bigger holo particles (you can see those white dots in the shot that I took in the shade), so it has almost a velvety holo effect. I think it's really pretty, but it's definitely not a jaw-dropping eye-hurting linear holo effect.
      What's the name of the polish you were reffering to? Maybe I have it and I can say if the holo is much stronger or not.

      Delete